Gaea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gaea Occupied Land Map Thread

+5
SIMplMn9
thomas
Michael
Joe 90
ApolloVonSol
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gaea Occupied Land Map Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Gaea Occupied Land Map Thread

Post by ApolloVonSol Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am

CarmineHilton wrote:
@ ApolloVonSol; None of the countries bordering the arctic would ever allow you to. Would Russia/US/Norway allow Germany to start claiming the north and building oil rigs there? NO... A bit of realism would be nice Wink

Too bad, you cannot claim the entire Arctic, you already have 3 islands up there, that should be enough to sastify your land grabbing egoism.

Realism? This isn't earth, so you cannot state "Germany would never claim the north and build oil rigs there because its owned by Russia/Norway/US." Sorry Carmine, I do not own "Germany," I own East Essenland, Earth nation and basis does not apply toward Gaea, if you want a earth like planet, make your own. This is East Essenland, the most powerful militarilized nation, the appeitite for oil would be very strong, therefore the drilling of the Arctic and is realstic for a strong militarized nation. Not for Germany, but for East Essenland.

ApolloVonSol
East Essenland
East Essenland

Back to top Go down

Post by Weecaeks Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:37 am

yea which means we can declare war too Very Happy

Weecaeks
Eisenhower
Eisenhower

Back to top Go down

Post by tankmank Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:41 am

ApolloVonSol wrote:This is East Essenland, the most powerful militarilized nation, the appeitite for oil would be very strong, therefore the drilling of the Arctic and is realstic for a strong militarized nation.

I know you have an on-going war and stuff but i think you wouldn't be the most powerful militarized nation on Gaea. Zhonghua, Amagosa, Pavlovsk just to name a few are going to have a much larger army and more power.

tankmank
Zhonghua
Zhonghua

Back to top Go down

Post by ApolloVonSol Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:45 am

But none with a 46.8% of the entire population / active military troops :-p

ApolloVonSol
East Essenland
East Essenland

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:57 am

New Sealand and Nieuw Guinea are not 'taken' they were two original countries at the very beginning of Gaea. No one is actively using them, but I'd like them to stay given the links with Carpathia as well as having some variety.

They are all fully independent like RL New Zealand and such. The other nation that is location in the north west of Canterbury is the Derwookly Republic owned by bigro.

I'd be happy to discuss a history with you.
Michael
Michael
Carpathia
Carpathia

Back to top Go down

Post by Weecaeks Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 am

northwest? do you mean northeast? the nearest player near me will be the one on the northern top of the landmass

Weecaeks
Eisenhower
Eisenhower

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 am

Yeah sorry north east lol
Michael
Michael
Carpathia
Carpathia

Back to top Go down

Post by ApolloVonSol Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:13 am

Map updated

ApolloVonSol
East Essenland
East Essenland

Back to top Go down

Post by tankmank Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:17 am

ApolloVonSol wrote:But none with a 46.8% of the entire population / active military troops :-p

That is a rather high percentage, you must be quite poor and rely on food/goods to be imported.

tankmank
Zhonghua
Zhonghua

Back to top Go down

Post by ApolloVonSol Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:32 am

tankmank wrote:
ApolloVonSol wrote:But none with a 46.8% of the entire population / active military troops :-p

That is a rather high percentage, you must be quite poor and rely on food/goods to be imported.

It is a high percentage yes, but not poor no, we internalize everything that we can from food to machinery, we have a low import/export rate for this reason but it doesn't implies we're poor. The US in WW2 was more than 30% active troops durning WW2 if I'm not wrong. It was so much in the US that President Eisenhower considered keeping a military-industrial economy to keep the economy going and based on the military. Even today the US military accounts for 47% of our expenditures.

Our industry is more on the West coast which borders the sea, and in the east will be the farmlands and rural areas. We have no need for fashion as well or luxury goods. So what we import would be far considerably lower than other nations. We would import essential things such as rare earth metals, minerals, etc etc.

ApolloVonSol
East Essenland
East Essenland

Back to top Go down

Post by tankmank Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:47 am

ApolloVonSol wrote:
tankmank wrote:

It is a high percentage yes, but not poor no, we internalize everything that we can from food to machinery, we have a low import/export rate for this reason but it doesn't implies we're poor. The US in WW2 was more than 30% active troops durning WW2 if I'm not wrong. It was so much in the US that President Eisenhower considered keeping a military-industrial economy to keep the economy going and based on the military. Even today the US military accounts for 47% of our expenditures.

Our industry is more on the West coast which borders the sea, and in the east will be the farmlands and rural areas. We have no need for fashion as well or luxury goods. So what we import would be far considerably lower than other nations. We would import essential things such as rare earth metals, minerals, etc etc.

What i meant by it was that the population in active military duty is likely to be of working age and so they are contributing very little to the economy as there is going to be little industry/services and agriculture as they are in active duty so the economy isn't going to be very large.

tankmank
Zhonghua
Zhonghua

Back to top Go down

Post by ApolloVonSol Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:34 am

Yes true, but you also got to remember, the military would control almost everything, including the factories. Most of the economy will be internalized and not distributed to other countries except for the sale of military items to our allies.

ApolloVonSol
East Essenland
East Essenland

Back to top Go down

Post by SIMplMn9 Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:58 am

Weecaeks wrote:to be fair kev, i think you should have labeled your ex-territories with stripes to indicate there is a predetermined storyline. Not all people want to work with your history or ideas.

As for the reason i broke the agreement: as time went on i developed more and more ideas how i want to run the country. the old storyline simply didnt fit into the new ideas i had so the agreement had to be broken. i am free to do whatever i want within my borders, you cannot intervene unless i say so.

thanks michael for Canterbury. im assuming im going to have two new neighbors to my north Very Happy. are these two nations played by you or is someone occuping them already? Also i would like to work out some history between us considering we also speak Selonian....i will move Eisenhower to Canterbury

I have pictures from when this idea was first started, where it was called Albion. In fact, its as old was when we were talking about WW2, before Gaea took a hiatus. When you asked for that area, I specifically told you that I didn't want all that work I did to go to waste, and you said that you just wanted to change the name and build up from that point. You agreed to that, and I have the chat logs to prove it. Don't try to generalize this, this was a special case.

The rest of your post pretty much contradicts yourself. You started out stating that I wanted to push my history up into that territory while you had a "initial claim", and now you acknowledge that I had an established history and you broke an agreement. You said you didn't like my names because they weren't 'common English', and now you wanted a German nation. You can't violate an agreement like that and say that I have no right, when I was the one who allowed you that country IF AND ONLY IF you kept the history. You decided to not only change it, but to force Micheal and I to contend with a colony on Novia, despite us specifically telling everyone that there will be no colonization on Novia, AND another 'superpower', without even consulting either of us.

Maybe if you had decided to talk to me before you started changing things, things might have gone differently, but they did not, and you decided you were going to do whatever you want. That's why I wanted you out of Novia.

I will no longer continue this argument, because I have made my point, and it has now been resolved.

SIMplMn9
Amagosa
Amagosa

Back to top Go down

Post by Weecaeks Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:50 pm

Wow, YOU let ME into the north?! What the hell are you talking about? There is CLEARLY a BORDER between the two countries. If you wanted it, SAY IT, TAKE IT AND ERASE THE BORDER. If fellow forum members suggested that there should be an separate northern country and YOU AGREED to it, you have no jurisdiction on how things are run in that country once the BORDER is drawn. You stating that the north was once an Amagosa colony is irrevelant. Heck, I could have established a Chinese nation up there if I wanted. I choose that piece of land because it was UNMARKED and I talked to you afterwards to see if you wanted to make some sort of history between us since you were my neighbor, similar to what me and Michael are discussing right now. Now that I am moving to Canterbury, that doesn't mean that I have to change my name to Canterbury and follow Michael's colonial history. I am implementing part of his history into my own to add some outside ideas and diversity into my story line. Yours simply didn't fit with my new country. That world map was posted publicly on SCJU for land claiming so to populate the world. It was moved here to get more people from other sites to join. Do not make bogus statements about it and twist the facts. Also, prove where you stated "IF AND ONLY IF", because quite frankly I have no recollection of you ever saying that.
By the way, did you even brief the newer players from other simcity communities about your unique situation on this site? So when another player comes along and wants that territory up north, is this situation going to happen again?

Also i dont see how the name dispute pertains to the argument. I simply stated that your ideas for names are not the same as mine. You apparently took personal offence to that. I told you to forget about it but you seem to keep bringing this subject up.

Don't put words in my mouth or twist the events to make me look like the villian, I never forced anybody to do anything. If Michael did not like my "colony", he should have kindly addressed me about it. All that we discussed was never definite, it was all mainly ideas for my country's timeline. I said there were going to be changes since I didn't plan my entire country's history out beforehand.

Weecaeks
Eisenhower
Eisenhower

Back to top Go down

Post by ApolloVonSol Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Please tone it down here, take it to the PM system and not here in the forums. No more post about this issue after my post or I'll have to suspend you for a short time until both parties settle down.

Thanks.

ApolloVonSol
East Essenland
East Essenland

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmineHilton Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:17 pm

@ Apollo; Well, you can claim as much as you want as long as its not near my territories/part of the pole. Norden would/will never allow you to Smile

You can't just say "I claim it!!"... Would me like me starting a claim an entire island chain off your coast.. Would you be a fan of that? Wink
CarmineHilton
CarmineHilton
Norden
Norden

Back to top Go down

Post by ApolloVonSol Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Well, you never said you wanted the poles, so a bit too late for it because I'm already at the pole. If you want it, you'll have to go into a roleplay war with me for it. You already have half of the north anyways, be happy with it.

TBH I don't care if u want islands near me, you can do it if you want to fufill your land egoism. But if you do, you just got to deal with the consequences of it.

ApolloVonSol
East Essenland
East Essenland

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmineHilton Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:06 am

ApolloVonSol wrote:Well, you never said you wanted the poles, so a bit too late for it because I'm already at the pole. If you want it, you'll have to go into a roleplay war with me for it. You already have half of the north anyways, be happy with it.

TBH I don't care if u want islands near me, you can do it if you want to fufill your land egoism. But if you do, you just got to deal with the consequences of it.
LOL! Pot calling the cattle black? Its you who's claiming new land, isn't it? Not me Wink

Anyway, new changes have to be accepted and I can't accept you having control of the poles. Only countries bordering the poles are allowed control of them, that how I see it. (= Pavlovsk, "Canada", Amagosa? and Norden). And a storyline will never work as neither of them will agree on who does/gets what Wink
CarmineHilton
CarmineHilton
Norden
Norden

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:29 am

If any land in the Arctic is being claimed, by ANY nation, then its needs approval. I'm sure sure land is being claimed, merely drilling for oil. There's no reason why Pavlovsk for example hasn't gave permission to drill.

Russia in the real world is drilling or intending to drill in the Arctic despite nations objecting.....anyway if Essenland was drilling without permission then it's up to those nations to stop the drilling.
Michael
Michael
Carpathia
Carpathia

Back to top Go down

Post by ApolloVonSol Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:32 am

I never claimed the pole as my own, I claimed the oil rigs to be there. As far as I'm concerned, the poles belongs to no one. If Carpathia or anyone else wants to drill there, fine I don't have a problem with that because it belongs to no one.

You are the one whos making new claims.

Irregardless, I'm there, and if you don't like it, well then, tough luck. If you want me out, you'll have to go in roleplay war with me. Thats all I got to say about it Carmine. And that ends this conversation about this situation.

@Michael,

So far there is no land in the Poles, its all ice as shown in the map. So techinically I'm in the sea in international waters, and I do not need approval to drill there. Just look at that huge gap between Island and Bolivangar, that gap is huge enough for other nations to drill there. Carmine cannot just simply claim the entire sea, no way no how.

Also you're both forgetting Pavlosk no longer exists. Muzz gave that up.

ApolloVonSol
East Essenland
East Essenland

Back to top Go down

Post by tankmank Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:47 am

Pavlovsk is a roleplaying nation now, it is FAR too important to 'not exist' for me as i have already interwined both nations history, politics, economy and demographics.

tankmank
Zhonghua
Zhonghua

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:58 am

Fair point about the land, it is just ice.

I have no issue with you drilling there. As for Pavlosk, the nation name can remain and its basic background for the sake of roleplay.
Michael
Michael
Carpathia
Carpathia

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmineHilton Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 am

Just don't drill near my territories Wink
CarmineHilton
CarmineHilton
Norden
Norden

Back to top Go down

Post by CarmineHilton Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:42 am

Sorry to double post, but this is actually the CORRECT FLAT world map of Gaea:

»»» LINK «««
CarmineHilton
CarmineHilton
Norden
Norden

Back to top Go down

Post by ApolloVonSol Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks for updating that map Carmine Smile But for this thread, the map I made will do just fine for now. This is just a thread for people to see which land is occupied.

ApolloVonSol
East Essenland
East Essenland

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2